Multisport Activity Camps Whitsun 2022

The camps were the second set to be operated by the Trust as part of the activity supported by the NLT.

The three days of camps took place on Monday 30th May, Tuesday 31st May and Wednesday 1st June at May and Bakers Sports Club who provided their facilities at a greatly reduced cost. The camps were staffed by 5 D&R FC CT coaches and 7 members of the Metropolitan Police from the TSG and the Local Neighbourhood Teams.

In total, 80 children registered to take part with 25 girls and 55 boys. The registration process was closed when a total of 80 was reached. The children were aged between 6 and 13 years old and came from 16 different local schools.

The children came from four different ethnic backgrounds with 24% Black African/Caribbean, 20% Mixed Ethnic Background, 24% Asian and 32% White British/Irish/Traveller/Other. 12% of the total identified as ‘Disabled’.

Generally the weather was good, not too hot but with the odd shower.

All 100% indicated that they would come back if the camps were offered again.

All 100% identified to making new friends throughout the three days.

84% attended all 3 days, with 16% attending 2 days.

84% of the children gave the activities 5 out of 5 for enjoyment with the remaining 16% only 1 mark lower.

At the last moment the Trust received a request to take a newly arrived Ukrainian refugee for a day. The girl had arrived in the area only two weeks previously. She spoke virtually no English and was initially very shy. She left with a big smile, new friends and a big thumbs up.

The activities enjoyed by most children included, archery, cricket, football, handball, indoor activities, the Police organised activities and team games. The activities provided opportunities for the children, and the staff, to step outside of their comfort zones, develop communication and understanding, learn new skills and much more. Most importantly they were chosen to put smile son faces and have fun.

Below are just a few comments, in no particular order, made by the children and/or their parents about their experiences:

The boys came home every evening happy and tired.

I really enjoyed it, the coaches were friendly and amazing. I learned how to play new sports.

I really enjoyed the sports we played. It was nice and different to school.

My son felt so independent and confident.

I liked the camps and learned how to do archery and play cricket.

I enjoyed the multisport camps because I made new friends and enjoyed playing team sports.

I really enjoyed playing the different games.


I loved archery and wished we did it even more.

I loved all of it.

It was really good. I loved the teamwork.

I had a lot of fun.

I really enjoyed it.


George Carey Girls Triumph in NLT Under 11 Cup

Under normal circumstances, each season the National League Trust runs an under 11 National Cup Competition competed for school teams representing the clubs and CCOs (Trusts, Foundations, Charities, etc) in the National League and the National League North and South.

Local Regional Heats are held, following by the Southern and Northern Regional Finals. There are two competitions, one for girls’ only teams and the other for mixed or boys’ only teams. The winners of both the North and South finals would then face off at Wembley before the National League Play-Off Final. In the past, two local schools have looked good enough to reach the final but Valence School was beaten in a penalty shoot out in the final game of the Southern Finals and Grafton School were denied the opportunity by COVID and lockdowns in 2020.

This season the planning has been slightly disrupted by COVID but the competition is back. On Thursday 19th May the Daggers Trust and the Club were represented by the girls from George Carey School in Barking, who returned triumphant with the trophy from St Albans FC, who generously hosted the regional event.

The day started early with an 08:15 meet and a minibus ride around the M25 to St Albans for a 10:00 arrival. George Carey got off to a shaky start with a draw and a 1-0 loss in the league stages, but fought back to win all their remaining games and finish top of the league. The top four teams then played off in a knock out competition, and the girls from George Carey held out to come back from 0-1 down against Boreham Wood and take the final to extra time. In the first minute George Carey took the lead, through striker Michelle, and held on until the final whistle!

We are waiting to hear from the National League Trust about the arrangements for the finals.

Not only did the girls triumph, but the George Carey boys won the County Trophy the day before. Well done to everyone concerned!


Are you looking for a local team for your child to play in? Use the Essex FA Squad Booster